Researchers have found that children who are regularly exposed to experiences in natural surroundings can derive a number of benefits. That is the reason many parents wish that their children should play outdoors so they can learn to lead a life that is congruent with Mother Nature.
Nowadays, children do not get many opportunities to play in natural surroundings. The avarice of man has shrunk forests and experts are dismayed how man is exploiting nature. These are huge mistakes that have caused ecological imbalances. Pollution has become a major problem due to shrinking forests. It is in this context a number of parents have decided that they should send them to a nature playgroup in Singapore. Let us now look at some of the benefits kids can derive by joining such groups.
Benefits of nature playgroups
1. We are paying a heavy price thanks to the rapid technological advancements and our children have become victims due to those activities that have robbed the beauty of nature to a great extent. But parents can make use of the available outdoor spaces for encouraging their children to play so they can get the benefits nature can bestow on them. But parents should not impose any restrictions which means it should be unstructured time for children for playing in nature. This will help them explore nature. They can learn to take risks, to challenge themselves and make friends. They can develop self-confidence also.
2. When children climb trees, splash in puddles, collect shells, etc., their enjoyment will know no bounds because all these years, they have along been playing in artificial surroundings.
3. Children can learn many things because they can explore and discover those concepts about which they have hitherto not heard. Of course, elders should help children belonging to such a playgroup in this learning process by answering their queries and doubts diligently.
4. There will a healthy competition among children. For example, they can compete with each other while climbing trees and in similar other activities. This may boost their confidence. They can try playing team games also which will help them learn how to gel as a group. Their social skills will also improve to a great extent.
5. Children can breathe fresh and unpolluted air in such natural surroundings and this will go a long way in improving their health.